Cara Terreri – Writer/Editor
Cara is a writer-editor extraordinaire with a soft spot for marketing. She has a knack for turning “just words” into attention-getting, fluid-flowing copy. She understands how to adapt the message to fit her clients’ mission, and at the same time, keeps a vigilant eye on the nuances of style, consistency and grammar. Cara also knows how to navigate the world-wide maze that is social media, including blogging, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
With more than 10 years of experience, including most recently as Account Manager for the world’s largest association management firm, Cara brings a diverse knowledge of business and non-profit organizations—from health care and women’s interests to government and financial affairs.
- Copywriter and Social Media Consultant, New Thought Marketing, Atlanta, GA
- News Writing Consultant, Peach New Media, Smyrna, GA
- Site Administrator and Writer, Giving Birth with Confidence for Lamaze International, Washington, DC
- Blog Owner and Writer, repurposeful, Peachtree City, GA
- Account Manager, SmithBucklin, Washington, DC
- Account Manager and Recruiter, Profiles, Washington, DC
- Marketing Assistant, Interlachen Financial Group, Winter Park, FL
- Editorial Assistant, Orlando Magazine, Altamonte Springs, FL
- Public Relations Assistant, British Parliament, London, UK
- Developed, launched and manage Giving Birth with Confidence, the flagship consumer blog for Lamaze International
- Helped rebrand and update image for Lamaze International to appeal to a more modern audience of women and to the medical community
- Planned, organized and created—from the ground up—a new full-color magazine for the National Association for Local Housing Finance Agencies
- Worked on a campaign for American Urogynecologic Society to help educate women about incontinence and bridge the gap between diagnosis and treatment
Sample Client Engagements
- National Association of Healthcare Access Management
Led redesign and managed production of the association’s flagship online publication, Access Management Journal.
- American Urogynecologic Society
Led redesign and managed production, including writing and editing content, for the association’s member resource newsletter, Urogyn Update.
- International Society of Airport Duty Free Stores
Managed production, including oversight of layout, editing and photo selection, of marketing materials for their annual Duty Free Show of the Americas.
- Managed day-to-day marketing services for the following organizations:
American Assoc. for Adult and Continuing Education
American Spice Trade Assoc.
American Zinc Association
National Assoc. Medical Staff Services
National Assoc. of Healthcare Access Management
National Child Care Association
National Biodiesel Board
- Rollins College, Winter Park, FL,
- Howard Fox Literary Prize for Outstanding Achievements